Hello Blogosphere...

So, I hold this gentle baby of a blog in my hands with trepidation. For a long time I wondered if I ever would have anything to blog about.  I suppose by starting my own blog, it's about catharsis, and finding motivation in 'publishing' something every day.  Thanks to Keith Barraclough for talking me into doing this. I hope by posting photos with some words, I can keep thinking and coming up with new ideas. Hopefully, this blog won't be like the other journals I've kept in my life.  I hope a year from now I'm still posting.

This first photo is of a wounded veteran, Dan, holding a baby of a wounded Iraq War veteran.  I met Dan during a dinner party held for the Achilles Track Club, organized to help wounded veterans (those who lost limbs inside or outside the battlefield) compete in athletic events.  The next day, Dan, along with many others, competed in the Marine Corps Marathon.  So obviously, this was a couple months back.  I have some catching up to do.  But I always liked this photo, even if it didn't necessarily have a place in my portfolio or a publication.

I'm always amazed at how these men and women were able to carry on with their lives after such traumatic events in their lives.  Many of them either had, or were starting families and were getting ready to compete in a marathon on handcycles.  Some went on to compete in the NYC Marathon the next weekend.  Puts a lot of things into perspective.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monacan Powwow

White Elephant

Dedication of Mantle: Virginia Indian Tribute