Happy New Year's


Ok, so I'm not so young anymore.  I stopped going to into the city for New Year's about 5-6 years ago. And last night was no different, of course.  I stayed home, played games and drank some sparkling wine with my girlfriend (we settled for the CA version, when we saw that a half-bottle of  Veuve was $25).  This got me thinking about a map in the October '07 issue of National Geographic. Essentially the map redraws wine country indicating the current rate of climate change over the next 100 years should yield some really nice sparkling wines from southern England.  Imagine that.  Enjoying a nice bottle of Southhampton, or a vintage from the vineyards of Brighton sounds pretty strange.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monacan Powwow

White Elephant

Dedication of Mantle: Virginia Indian Tribute