First 4x5



So here are my first 4x5 negs ever. Ok, so it isn't some momentous occasion, but it is interesting to point out that I metered the scene as ISO 400 (b/c that's what the film, Ilford HP5, says). All my other negs from that point on were metered as ISO 200. Just looking at the negs, the midtones were really hard to locate, whereas the blacks and whites were obviously there.

Oh, and naturally, the first subject was my girlfriend.

I'd post some more of my 4x5 stuff, but since I process it all myself, it's a little cumbersome, and I should have another 15-20 negs to go through in the next week. I went to a couple "election" events over the weekend, including an Obama town hall meeting in Alexandria, VA today. Here, are a couple selects from that, but just from my digicam:


Here's another volunteer pic for my ongoing project, along with the speech pictures.This last one is just some more volunteers cleaning up after the meeting. The light on the woman on the right is lit by a shaft of sunlight coming through one of the several 3x3 windows at the top of the opposite wall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monacan Powwow

White Elephant

Dedication of Mantle: Virginia Indian Tribute