Scripps National Spelling Bee...

Greetings from the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington DC. I’ve never been to this event, although I’ve certainly seen my share of highlights on ESPN over the years. Having only one girl to take pictures of for the paper, I was left to spend the rest of the time hunting down the interesting pictures, which may or may not be interesting to those that have covered the event more than a few times. So I focused on what I noticed initially. After going to the stage to spell their word (I heard everything from Schadenfreude to Hydrant), they inevitably return to their seat to wait until their round is over. These preliminary rounds can last two hours or more, so you can imagine what I saw. And a sampling….


















Comments

  1. Pretty funny pics...made me tired looking at them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Monacan Powwow

White Elephant

Dedication of Mantle: Virginia Indian Tribute