Last of the sports year...


I haven’t posted in a bit, and it’s generally the same reason as always. I decided I didn’t like anything from the past several weeks to post.

But often times, several weeks pass, and an opportunity presents itself for reflecting on the work you’ve done, and you are pleasantly surprised.

The school year is finished, but between the last weeks of May and the first couple of June, my days are full with sports. Player of the year for this, playoffs for that. And knowing I’m not much of a sports photographer, I brushed aside any of my work from this period, assuming it not blog-worthy.

Lo and behold! As I corralled my work for the quarterly VA News Photog. Assoc. contest, I found what I thought to be several interesting photos. Many of which, unfortunately, went unpublished. But that doesn’t deter me, because I know what I’m doing, even if the publisher does not. And my personal progress is ultimately what matters in this context. Naturally, I hope these are interesting to you, too…
At the State Tourney, we were allowed on top of the press box, a new angle for me.
Incidentally, he lined this pitch into right field for a single.


Area Girls Lacrosse Player of the Year



Area Soccer Player of the Year, Matt Carey. He was a great defender for the areas best defensive team. I thought this had a guarded, angry look about it...


I was able to add some layers in this picture to make it a little better than most
Pitcher-Winding-Up-for-the-Delivery-Home pictures...



Caught Stealing



Girls Lacrosse Playoffs...there is generally no contact, but they can get pretty damn close...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monacan Powwow

White Elephant

Dedication of Mantle: Virginia Indian Tribute