Scripps National Spelling Bee

Greetings! Here is my annual These-Kids-Are-Either-Really-Bored-or-Tired-or-Anxious-or-Both at the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington DC. I generally had yet another good time at the Bee. It's a great time to run into other photographers I haven't seen in months, and drink tons of free coffee and eat free pastries.

Last year I posted much of the same. I find these things to be highly amusing, since, for many of these kids, this is as close as it gets to "Prime Time" as they'll ever get, and here they are being kids. They are bored waiting for everyone to finish. Or they are incredibly anxious. Or both. So when people yawn, or stretch, or rub their eyes, it's funny to me. At the very least, it provides entertainment, or a challenge for the 99% of the time I'm actually waiting for the one person I'm there to photograph.

Enjoy, until next year....
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monacan Powwow

White Elephant

Dedication of Mantle: Virginia Indian Tribute