Miss Rodeo Virginia at the County Fair

I really had a plan to attend the Prince William County Fair for a few days and get some good pictures.  August often is a slow month so I thought it'd be perfect to spend some open days shooting on my own.  Then I lost my phone.  Then my car broke down, then I got busy with work. 
I did, however spend 1 morning (with Catherine and Lawrence Deeds of Skyline Farm in Orange, VA) and one evening (roaming) there.  Here are some of my favorites.

 One of the first things I did, when I had a free night was go to the rodeo.  Then I saw Missy.  So we talked and I figured I had to get a picture of her, and she was very cooperative.  So was the light.
Melissa McMullan, Miss Rodeo Virginia 2014, of Ft. Valley, VA, stands with her horse, Sarah, during the Dave Martin Rodeo.  McMullan represents Virginia regionally and nationally, while promoting "rodeos and the western lifestyle" in Virginia. 


A child shooting bubbles, next to a food booth with nice light and a ferris wheel background.  You have to stop and take a picture at this point...

This is Catherine and Lawrence Deeds unloading their goats for the Fair.  They were very nice, and didn't mind at all that I followed them around for a couple hours.  I would've been annoyed by me at that point.


There is a surprising amount of paperwork that goes into registering your goats for contests.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monacan Powwow

White Elephant

Dedication of Mantle: Virginia Indian Tribute