Dr. Charbel Moussa and Finding the Cure for Parkinson's

I was honored and excited to get the call to photograph a portrait of Dr. Charbel Moussa (Georgetown University) for an article in the relatively new medical news journal, STAT.


Some of you may already know that I used to have a career in Neuroscience Research before starting my photography path in '06.  It was nice to dip my toe back into that world, and after we did our pictures I had a nice 15 minute conversation about what he was working on and how he got there.  It's a fascinating story and definitely worth a read.

https://www.statnews.com/2016/08/30/parkinsons-study-fox-foundation-feud/


This article is so illustrative of the obstacles presented to trying to cure major diseases.  It isn't all about the science.  Politics and money (doesn't it always?) play a role in the race for the cure.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monacan Powwow

White Elephant

Dedication of Mantle: Virginia Indian Tribute